EU VISA RESIDENCE comparison to Spain, Portugal and Cyprus Visa programs
article from http://www.greekexclusiveproperties.com/eu-visa-residence/: Kostas Taralas is a Licensed Real Estate Agent,Owner and founder of “Greek Exclusive Properties”, Luxury Homes & Hotels in Greece …
Greek Government from April 2013 have issued the EU Residence Visa.
Many people from 3rd countries have taken advantage of this program to get a EU Visa Residence with purchasing a property in the most beautiful country in the EU, GREECE.
Other countries like Spain, Portugal, Cyprus have EU Visa programs as-well. Which are the advantages from the Greek Visa Program?
ADVANTAGES of the GREEK EU VISA RESIDENCE
- The Greek Residence program is the cheapest among these countries. With purchasing a property worth only 250.000 euro the prospective investor can get a 5 years EU Visa Residence Permit for him, his wife and his underage children (until 21 years old).
- With investing the same amount that Spain and Portugal ask to offer the EU VISA, which in these countries is the amount of 500.000 euro, in Greece you get : EU VISA for the whole family (parents and children) and for the grandfather and grandmother as well! In other worlds, with a purchase of a property of 500.000 euro in Spain or in Portugal you get only one EU VISA while with the same purchase in Greece , you get 2 EU VISA permits!
- In Spain and Portugal, the EU Visa permit has to be renewed every year for the first two years, and every 2 years after that. These is a serious obstacle for the investors. They need to make bureaucratic procedures very often. While in Greece, you have from the first day of your purchase a 5 years Residence permit, renewable for 5 years more after that period.
- Most of the investors are looking to combine their property purchase and the EU VISA with a really good investment. They are mostly interested for a BUY TO LET, villa, home,maisonette or apartment. Greece has a very good advantage as the rental income from properties, especially in the islands which are voted every year among the best travel destinations in the world (!) is higher. Someone can buy a Villa for 500.000 euro and manage it himself as Vacation House by renting it out to Tourists while he is abroad. He can get a 50.000+ seasonal income during the summer. This way he makes one very good investment as he gets a Return on Investment of 10%. Summarizing : Purchase of 500.000 euro Villa in the islands, 2 VISA PERMITS of 5 years renewable every 5 years, yearly income of 10% of his investment, vacations at the No1 travel destination in the world!
- The property prices in Greece have dropped 30-40% since the beginning of the financial crisis in 2009. The villa that is now for sale at 500.000 euro, 3-4 years ago was for sale at 700.000 euro! This means that your investment is safe. The property prices can only go up in the near future!
About Greece today 2017
Greece has suffered from the recent European Economy crisis and now comes out stronger. The Greek government budget left behind the deficits and returned to surplus.
Last year Greece has broken the tourist record: 21 million visitors from around the world have visited Greece during the summer season. Twice it’s population.
Greek property prices have been dramatically reduced the last years because of the crisis, for up to 30-40%. Now is possible to buy your dream house in one of the beautiful Greek destinations. The investment in Greek property is safer than ever as the prices can only go up.
A country with 6.000 islands, amazing beaches, great climate, known for it’s hospitality and among the best countries to live in Europe. With great educational system, universities among the best in Europe, great health sector and doctors with great expertise, with long summer season and combination of sea and mountain beauties, with great history and famous culture, Greece has it all. It is the ideal place to live and invest.
10 reasons to invest in Greece
1.Greece is one of the most beautiful European countries with great history and world known for it’s hospitality.
2. Greek Islands are awarded every year among the best travel destinations in the world. Santorini has been awarded as the No1 Global Travel destination and the most beautiful island in the world many years in a row from BBC. Lonely Planet, USA Today and more. Mykonos, Crete, Athens, Thessaloniki are among the top European destinations.
3. Greece offers the cheapest EU Visa Residency among all other European countries. Purchasing a property of 250.000 euro , you and your family members (children till the age of 21) become European citizens for 5 years. Renewable for ever.
4.Greece last year broke every record in tourism. 21 million international visitors visited Greece during the summer season. Twice it’s population! People from all around the world vote Greece as the ideal place to live.
5.Because of the recent economy crisis of the Euro-zone, Greek properties have dropped 30-40% since 2009. Now the dream having a house in Greece is possible. Ability to chooses among:Second hand houses from 50-60.000 euro, new apartments from 120.000 euro and luxury houses in the islands from 300.000 euro.
6.Now is the time to buy in Greece. Now that the crisis is over, and the prices will only go up. Invest now in a house in Greece and make the safest investment possible.
7. Buy a luxury house in Crete, Mykonos, Santorini, Halkidiki and rent it out to tourists. This way you will get EU Visa resident permit for you and your family but also you will make a profitable investment. Luxury houses in these areas can be rented out to tourists during the 4-5 months in the summer for 300-600 euro per night!
8. Greece is an established tourism destination, among the 20 biggest tourism markets in the world
9. Greece has unique, competitive advantages emerging from landscape, location, climate, history and culture
10. Greece is moving toward an extension of seasonality, providing a huge potential for an increase in tourist visits